I usually do this at the end of the year or early in the beginning of the new year but life has been so busy and I just havent found the time or energy to write anything at all. I still compiled my list as I usually do. So here is last year's list :)
This is the year i discovered Kacey Musgraves and my life completely changed :)
Top 75 Songs of 2014
75. Gavin DeGraw - Fire
74. Three Days Grace - Painkiller
73. McFly - Love Is On The Radio
72. Tim McGraw - Meanwhile Back At Mam's (feat. Faith Hill)
71. Enrique Iglesias - I'm a Freak (feat. Pitbull)
70. Shakira - Can't Remember To Forget You (feat. Rihanna)
69. Hunter Hayes - You Think You Know Somebody
68. Alex & Sierra - Scarecrow
67. Kenney Chesney - American Kids
66. Katy Perry - This Is How We Do It
65. Maroon 5 - Animals
64. Taylor Henderson - When You Were Mine
63. JT Hodges - Already High
62. Miranda Lambert - Smokin' and Drinkin' (feat. Little Big Town)
61. Ryan Cabrera - House On Fire
60. Little Big Town - Quit Breaking Up WIth Me
59. Kris Allen - Prove It To You (feat. Lenachka)
58. Jessie J, Arianna Grande & Nicki Minage - Bang Bang
57. Jackie Lee - She Does
56. Brad Paisley - Perfect Storm
55. The Railers - Kinda Dig The Feeling
54. Olly Murs - Wrapped Up (feat. Travie McCoy)
53. Miranda Lambert - Automatic
52. Blake Shelton - Lonely Tonight (feat. Ashley Monroe)
51. Maroon 5 - Maps
50. Yellowcard - One Bedroom
49. Colbie Caillat - Try
48. Cheryl Cole - I Don't Care
47. Jason Mraz - Love Someone
46. Keith Urban - Good Thing
45. Easton Corbin - Clockwork
44. Kylie Minogue - Into the Blue
43. Lady Antebellum - Golden (feat. Stevie Nicks)
42. Brad Paisley - The Mona Lisa
41. Lea Michele - Cannonball
40. Gary Barlow - Let Me Go
39. Fitfh Harmony - BO$$
38. Hilary Duff - Chasing the Sun
37. Kacey Musgraves - The Trailer Song
36. Billy Currington - We Are Tonight
35. Britney Spears - Perfume
34. Lady Antebellum - Bartender
33. Dan + Shay - Show Yu Off
32. Katy Perry - Birthday
31. Jennifer Lopez - Booty (feat. Iggy Azalea)
30. Billy Currington - Don't It
29. The Veronicas - You Ruin Me
28. Josh Turner - Lay Low
27. Cheryl Cole - Crazy Stupid Love (feat. Tine Tempah)
26. Luke Bryan - Drink A Beer
25. Jessica Mauboy - Never Be The Same
24. Needtobreathe - The Heart
23. Beyonce - Drunk In Love (feat. Jay Z)
22. The Black Keys - Fever
21. Dan + Shay - 19 You + Me
20. Hunter Hayes - Invisible
19. Kacey Musgraes - Keep It To Yourself
18. Brad Paisley - River Bank
17. Jessica Mauboy - Beautiful
16. Leighton Meester - Heartstrings
15. Samantha Jade - Up!
14. Katy Perry - Dark Horse (feat. Juciy J)
13. Nick Jonas - Jealous
12. Lady Antebellum - Compass
11. Luke Bryan - Play It Again
10. Hilary Duff - All About You
9. Luke Bryan - Roller Coaster
8. Miranda Lambert - Somethin' Bad (feat. Carrie Underwood)
7. Samantha Jade - Soldier
6. Casadee Pope - I Wish I Could Break Your Heart
5. Carrie Underwood - Kepp us Safe
4. Carrie Underwood - Something In The Water
3. Lea Michele - On My Way
2. Kacey Musgraves - Follow Your Arrow
1. Jon McLaughlin - Above The Radio
It is so easy to slip back into something that you're comfortable with. So easy to just pretend that everything is alright, rather than actually facing the cold hard truth.
Sweeping things under the rug to make everything feel medically clean. Comfort is something we all strive to achieve. Once we leave thatt zone, we start to feel unease, question things around us, and the nerves just get the best of us.
People believe in pushing themselves out of their comfort zone. They go on adventures and do crazy things that test themselves to the limit. Once they are out of their comfort zone, they feel such adrenaline.
But if that rush is what they seek to achieve, why dont they constantly surround themselves with that rush? Why not do crazy things all day long? Why do they at the end of the day go home and enjoy the comforts of their own home? Surely they must feel something?
Once you're familiar with something, it is so easy to slip back into that familiarity. All the name calling, all the little things you share with each other, just all comes naturally. You forget all the pain that you suffered, all those nights you cried yourself to sleep.
Comfort is a strange thing. It makes you do crazy things so that you can come back to that warm feeling. It pushes you away to only draw you back in.
No one ever talks about it..but you know its there.
Here I go, dishonestly leaving a note
For you my only one
And I know you can see right through me
So let me go and I will find someone
It's days like this that i really hate you for what you've done to me. I kind of don't but sort of do, it's hard to explain. You were an amazing individual and I will definitely keep all the happy and positive memories with me. But you left me all alone in this. Now im all by myself. I have to thread this earth without you. Do you how difficult it is to lose your moral support, your compass that leads you a certain way. Now I feel like im stuck in this ditch, and im never going to be able to crawl out from it. There is no light at the tunnel. All i see is darkness, an empty void where my heart used to be. My soul is gone, i feel nothing...you were my only one...
As human beings, we thrive on being comfortable. We do not like being put in positions which make us uncomfortable. We stray away from new and daunting experiences and would much rather partake in activities that we've done before, well most of us are like that anyway. There are however some exceptions, of which I do not fall under. Comfort is great as it can sometimes provide routine and you look forward each day to that same thing, to feel that same emotion. Feeling something else just doesnt make you comfortable, it simply makes you uneasy. But at what point do we tell ourselves enough is enough? That I am not sure I want to feel this way anymore? This applies very much to relationships. If you're in one, great. If you're not in one, are you really missing out that much? What makes couples exciting? What makes singles exciting? It is questions like these that challenges the potential comfort zone.
If you do something routinely everyday to the point where you're so used to it, will your world crash if you don't? I am starting to question everything at the moment. Is it really worth it? Going through the same thing when eventually you know it will end because people never change, they never really do. Things will never work out, which is why it is better to leave now than to stay. What makes it so difficult is comfort. I feel comfortable and without this same routine, I'm not sure words can describe that feeling. It will make me feel uncomfortable. I'm not sure I can deal with that. But I am unhappy, miserable and jaded. I feel unmotivated and despair. I have to ask myself if i can forgo this comfort for truly being happy again.
But comfort is such a huge part of everyone's lives. We cannot ignore the feeling we get when we know the desired outcome we choose takes place. It is a sense of relief, that you know things are going to be ok. What about adventure, excitement and living on the edge? How does that reconcile with being comfortable? Surely some of that needs to be retained in our lives, to maybe go to a different coffee shop that you've never stepped into before. After all, surely life is about trying new things and seeing new places. That in itself has to be a part of our lives to make it exciting and different, surely.
At this point, I am probably contradicting myself. In summary, it is probably best to have a good mix of both. To have a good routine, but also be willing to try and new things, once in a while. In terms of comfort that gives you pain, what I can suggest is that if this comfort causes you pain and anguish, its better for you to leave than stay. Maybe I should take my own advice and start living my life.
Since im on a roll, i might as well post the top 20 songs that have been released this year! It's been quite interesting with Jon coming back to the picture, he doesnt have an official single, but so many of his songs will definitely make the cut so I decided to proclaim my favourite one his single :p Lea Michele comes back this year very strong with her latest single On My Way. I really love her new album so if she releases more stuff, its definitely going to be on this list! Samantha Jade also has a huge hit that has been very dear to me. Fellow aussie Jessica Mauboy has quite a few strong tracks on this list as well! Go Aussies. Cassadee Pope has an amazing hit that is one of the top few as well. Again Luke Bryan's riding on his wave from last year with 2 strong tracks, Play It Again and Drink A Beer that appear on this list. Britney is also riding on her success from her album Britney Jean and Katy Perry as well. I've also discovered this new group Dan + Shay which i absolutely adore
20. Easton Corbin - Clockwork
19. Kylie Minogue - Into The Blue
18. Dan + Shay - Show You Off
17. Britney Spears - Now That I've Found You
16. Luke Bryan - Drink A Beer
15. Katy Perry - Birthday
14. Jessica Mauboy - Never Be The Same
13. Beyonce - Drunk In Love (feat. Jay-Z)
12. Gary Barlow - Let Me Go
11. Britney Spears - Perfume
10. Dan - Shay - 19 You + Me
9. Hunter Hayes - Invisible
8. Katy Perry - Dark Horse (feat Juicy J)
7. Jessica Mauboy - Beautiful
6. Katy Perry - Unconditionally
5. Luke Bryan - Play It Again
4. Lea Michele - On My Way
3. Samantha Jade - Soldier
2. Cassadee Pope - I Wish I Could Break Your Heart
1. Jon McLaughlin - Above The Radio
I know this is a bit late, but I've been so busy with Uni, life, friends and applying for jobs that I just couldnt really post it. It has been an entire rollercoaster ride and i am still on it unfortunately. But i thought i'd best express my thoughts and views on music last year before I completely go off the rail. I'm just going to put this as a list because i cba actually making the pics for them. So no pictorial representation will be made, i apologise.
So back to the music. This year was a huge year for Country Singers such as Luke Bryan, with his release of his album Crash My Party - expect to see him on the charts somewhere, Brad Paisley, The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, Chris Young, Cassadee Pope and Billy Currington. What is my list without Carrie Underwood? So expect to definitely see her on the lis, as usual trying to fight for the first spot! Demi Lovato came out with an amazing single Heart Attack with her album to follow, so check out for a few of her tracks on this list! Britney has a couple of tracks in there as well with Work Bitch smashing the charts despite its late release towards the end of the year. This has been quite an interesting year as it was the year i fell in love with Milo Greene, Imagine Dragons and Arcade Fire - so definitely expect to see a few of them. Overall, I am quite pleased with this list as it reflects quite a wide range of musical brilliance ranging from Country, Pop, Rock, Indie and just plain good ole fun songs! Hope you enjoy this as much as I did :)
70. Gavin Degraw - Who's Gonna Save Us Now
69. The Saturdays - Disco Love
68. Brad Paisley - I Can't Change The World
67. Avirl Lavigne - Rock N Roll
66. Selena Gomez - Slow Down
65. Lady Antebellum - Goodbye Town
64. Avril Lavigne - Here's To Never Growing Up
63. Selena Gomez - Come & Get It
62. Calvin Harris - We'll Be Coming Back (feat. Example)
61. Daft Punk - Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell)
60. Tim McGraw - Southern Girl
59. Colbie Caillat - When the Darkness Comes
58. Asher Monroe - Hush Hush
57. Tom Odell - Another Love
56. Lea Michelle - Cannonball
55. Fifth Harmony - Miss Movin On
54. Mumford & Sons - Whispers in The Dark
53. Dido - Let Us Move On
52. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree
51. Cassadee Pope - 11
50. Lauren Alaina - Barefoot and Buckwild
49. Cassadee Pope - You Hear A Song
48. Jessie J - Wild
47. Olly Murs - Army of Two
46. 30 Seconds to Mars - Up In The Air
45. Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
44. The Maccabees - Pelican
43. Lady Antebellum - Downtown
42. OneRepublic - If I Lose Myself
41. Ellie Goulding - Burn
40. Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie (feat. Jay-Z)
39. Maroon 5 - Daylight
38. David Archuleta - Don't Run Away
37. Tim Urban - Perfectly You
36. Asher Monroe - Here With You
35. The xx - Together
34. Imagine Dragons - Top Of The World
33. Jessica Mauboy - To The End of The Earth
32. Leona Lewis - Lovebird
31. Delta Goodrem - Heart Hypnotic
30. The Band Perry - Don't Let Me Be Lonely
29. Britney Spears - Oh La La
28. Jesse McCartney - Back Together
27. Blake Shelton - Boys Round Here
26. Ryan Cabrera - I See Love
25. Chris Young - Aw Naw
24. Lawson - Brokenhearted (feat. B.o.B)
23. The Saturdays - What About Us
22. Keith Urban - Little Bit of Everything
21. Aero Smith - Can't Stop Loving You (feat. Carrie Underwood)
20. Billy Currington - Hey Girl
19. Cassadee Pope - Champagne
18. Imagine Dragons - Round and Round
17. Milo Greene - 1957
16. The Band Perry - DONE.
15. Brad Paisley - Beat This Summer
14. Kelly Clarkson - People Like Us
13. Kelly Clarkson - Tie It Up
12. Samantha Jade - Firestarter
11. Katy Perry - Roar
10. Britney Spears - Work Bitch
9. Cassadee Pope - Wasting All These Tears
8. Luke Bryan - That's My Kinda Night
7. Lady Antebellum - Compass
6. Rihanna - Stay (feat. Mikky Ekko)
5. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack
4. Carrie Underwood - See You Again
3. Carrie Underwood - Two Black Cadillacs
2. Demi Lovato - Made in the USA
1. Luke Bryan - Crash My Party
My heart is broken beyond anything
I cannot feel the pain inside
I want to stand on solid ground
Right now im sinking so hard
The pain is unbearable
It is everywhere in my thoughts
I cannot even bring myself to cry
Cause I know its forever far
I’ve made mistakes, I know I regret
But loving you was never a regret
I can’t believe I did what I did
Im sorry love, I’ve cut you so deep
Please tell me what I can do
To try and take you from this heap
I want to carry you in my arms
To feel the warmth of your skin
I don’t think I can live like this
Best decision of my life
This time last year, I made a bold decision to send you a message, hoping for a reply. You know that feeling you get when you first meet a person but don’t know if they’ll accept your invitation/friend request? It was just exactly like that. I was so afraid of what was going to happen and the possibility that I might not have gotten a reply. You seemed like someone I’d never get along with simply because I thought I was never good enough. Turned out I was wrong. You seemed extremely amiable and I was pleasantly surprised by how warm and friendly you were. It was possibly one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. I can safely say at this point, right now in my life, no matter what’s going on around, I am truly happy. I am contented with where I am right now and I couldn’t be happier that I have you to share it with.
That was just the beginning of a very beautiful friendship. We started to talk, go out, get along. The more I learnt about you, the more attracted I was to your personality. You seemed like an extremely charming person, charismatically engaging as well. You never fail to have something interesting to talk about and I thoroughly enjoyed every single conversation we have, whether it was online, on the phone, through skype or in person. I particularly love the long nights that we spend together talking about anything and everything. Just being in your company, embracing the start of something beautiful.
You’ve become a very special part of my life over the year and you’re always the first person I’d want to talk to in any given situation, be it in happiness or times of despair. The irony about you is that, although you never fail to have a boring conversation, you’re really bad with expressing yourself and how you feel. I found it endearing at first, but it got a little annoying at a later point. It was difficult for me to adapt because I was so used to people saying and expressing how they felt about something, it took me a little while to get used to this. I must admit that at this point, I am still in the midst of getting used to. But hey, everyone has his or her flaws and perfections, so we give and take in life.
But the great thing about you is that you’re extremely open-minded and you take things for what they are. You listen to things; hear stuff out before making impulsive or sudden perceptions about things. I love how you accept me for who I am, whatever flaws I have; you’ve decided to stick with me through everything. I’m sure the people that are closest to me know how psycho I can get. But yet you still chose to stay on, you still chose to hold on to me. It really means a lot that you’ve decided to stay on despite my several insecurities. Consequently, proving again that you’re such an amazing person.
Yeah sure we’ve had out differences and disagreements, but which friendship doesn’t have that? I do not think that any friendship exists where both parties agree to every single thing, but they learn to work with each other, to accept the differences that stand in between them and overcome them together, bringing the relationship to a deeper level.
There are definitely times where I feel like strangling you and punching you in the face because you simply don’t care about certain things and that just annoys the hell out of me. You disappoint me, upset me and make me severely mad. But at the end of the day, after venting my frustration, we seem to always make things work. I have to commend you for understanding, because I’m sure it’s not easy to deal with me. I love how we still get along despite these differences and I am grateful that you’ve been such an essential part of my life over the course of this year.
You’ve become very very special to me and I promise that I will treasure every moment that we spend together from henceforth. I pledge my loyalty towards you as a friend and anything else you want me to be. I want you to know that you’ll always hold a special place in my heart, no matter what happens to us. Know that I will always remember you, come what may. I want you to remember me for all the good times that we’ve had together, for I know those memories are already engraved in my heart. I look forward to the coming year ahead. Here’s to the many more special moments we’ll share together.
As long as you’re around, I’ll follow you. I’ll be wherever you go. You will never be alone.
I'm just trying to understand, who i was and who i am.
But you are changing just the same
So can you tell me who's to blame?
Could we put our weapons down
Just to figure this out?
Now pride is out the door.
Cause i know we can make it before
the sun breaks another day.
I wait till you say i'm the only one.
Before we come undone.